A quick rundown of the good and the bad from today:
- We’ve had a lovely afternoon visit with my brother (he was visiting Sydney for a morning conference). We all went to the new adventure playground at Sydney Park and we had a really fun time. Rose loves her uncle Mark.
- Went for my first walk with Tess in the front pack up to the pharmacy. I bought a second pump, so now I’m double pumping. It certainly adds to my feeling of being Farmer Brown’s prize cow, but at least pumping duty is now quicker.
- Tess has been smiling for a few days now, and it’s absolutely glorious. She’s so beautiful.
- Granny Anne arrives tomorrow – we’re very much looking forward to an extra pair of hands. We’re also excited to show off our new family.
- I’m back to expressed milk only, no breastfeeding. The breastfeeding really was tiring Tess out. As it is we spend around 40 minutes every feed trying to get the 65mls she needs into her. She’s so sleepy and tired. I called the Australian Breastfeeding Association and they gave me a lot of encouragement. They reiterated that we need to get Tess feeding strongly before trying breastfeeding, but that this is a temporary phase and that it’s highly likely that we’ll be able to breastfeed eventually. I have the light heart of someone who knows she’s doing everything she can to make this work.
- Off to bed – at 8.20pm – earliest bedtime yet! Mmmm, sleep.